If you have recently completed your PhD and are looking to continue your research in your field of study, you may want to consider applying for a postdoctoral fellowship. These fellowships provide a unique opportunity for early-career researchers to conduct independent research and gain valuable experience in their chosen field. Here is a list of fully funded postdoctoral scholarships that you may want to consider applying for:
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) – MSCA is a European Union (EU) funding program that offers postdoctoral fellowships to researchers in all scientific disciplines. The program is open to researchers from all over the world and provides funding for up to two years.
- Newton International Fellowship – This fellowship is offered by the Royal Society in collaboration with the British Academy and provides funding for up to two years for postdoctoral researchers from outside the UK to work in a UK institution in the natural sciences, social sciences or humanities.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships – This scholarship is offered by the Swiss government to postdoctoral researchers from all over the world to conduct research in Switzerland. The scholarship provides funding for up to 12 months and covers living expenses, travel expenses, and health insurance.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Fellowship – This fellowship is offered by the JSPS to postdoctoral researchers from all over the world to conduct research in Japan. The fellowship provides funding for up to two years and covers living expenses, research expenses, and travel expenses.
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Awards – The Fulbright Program offers postdoctoral scholarships to US citizens to conduct research in any academic field in countries all over the world. The scholarship provides funding for up to 12 months and covers living expenses, travel expenses, and health insurance.
- Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) Postdoctoral Fellowships – This fellowship is offered by the HFSP to postdoctoral researchers from all over the world to conduct interdisciplinary research in the life sciences. The fellowship provides funding for up to three years and covers living expenses, research expenses, and travel expenses.
- DAAD Research Grants for Postdocs – The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers research grants for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world to conduct research in Germany. The grant provides funding for up to two years and covers living expenses, research expenses, and travel expenses.
These are just a few examples of the fully funded postdoctoral fellowships that are available to researchers all over the world. If you are interested in pursuing a postdoctoral fellowship, it is important to research the different funding opportunities that are available in your field of study and to start preparing your application well in advance. Good luck!
Read More: Fully Funded PhD Scholarships
How to Apply for Post Doc Scholarship?
If you are interested in applying for a postdoctoral scholarship, here are some general steps to follow:
- Research available scholarships: Look for scholarships that are relevant to your field of study and research interests. You can use online search engines, academic databases, or professional associations to find suitable scholarships.
- Check eligibility criteria: Once you have identified scholarships that you are interested in, make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria. Read through the application guidelines carefully to ensure you understand the requirements.
- Prepare your application materials: Each scholarship has different requirements, so make sure you prepare all the necessary documents, such as your CV, research proposal, and letters of recommendation.
- Submit your application: Follow the instructions provided by the scholarship provider and submit your application before the deadline. Make sure you have all the necessary documents and that your application is complete.
- Wait for the outcome: The scholarship provider will review your application and notify you of the outcome. If you are successful, you will need to follow the guidelines provided by the scholarship provider to accept the scholarship and begin your postdoctoral research.
It is important to note that the application process may vary depending on the scholarship you are applying for. Some scholarships may require additional documents or have different application deadlines. Make sure you thoroughly read and understand the application guidelines before submitting your application.
Read More: Top 20 Fully Funded Scholarships