Applications are invited for outstanding Pakistani nationals for the award of PhD and MS scholarships in foreign universities. The scholarship winners have to sign a bond to serve relevant campus (Hafiz Hayat Campus or Narowal Sub Campus) of the University for at least 05 years after completion of PhD degree and for at least 03 years after completion of MS degree. The applicant may apply for both the campuses; however, separate application form shall be submitted
Disciplines for Hafiz Hayat Campus, Gujrat:
PhD: Mechanical Engineering, Management Sciences, Product Design,Fine Arts, Psychology, Law. MS: Electrical Engineering, Management Sciences, Sociology, Computer Science, Law, Architecture Design, Fine Arts.
Disciplines for UOG Sub Campus, Narowal:
English Literature, Management Sciences, Mass Communication & Media, Computer Science. MS, Architecture Design, Fine Arts, Applied Mathematics.
Eligibility Criteria: Pakistani / AJK National for PhD: Applicant must have minimum 18 years of education in the relevant discipline with first division or 3.0/4.0, 3.5/5.0 CGPA in terminal degree.
How to Apply: • The eligible candidate (as per above criteria) shall mail the application in hard form on the prescribed format (www.uog.edu.pk) with the following attested documents to the office of the Director P&D, Hafiz Hayat Campus, University of Gujrat, Punjab, Pakistan, within 30 days of this advertisement through registered mail or courier service.
• No application form shall be accepted in person.
• The discipline, degree program and campus applied for, most clearly be mentioned on the envelope: 1. all credentials including DMCs
3. Candidate Resume
5. Character Certificate from the last attended academic institution and, in case of in-service, the same shall also be required from the employee.
6. Tentative Research Proposal (maximum 3000 words) with clear objectives
7. Reference letters from three relevant Professors / Superiors / Mentors. The reference letter must reflect the previous academic and co-curricular activities and character of the candidate.
8. The applicant have to deposit Rs.1000/- in favor of Treasurer, UOG as processing fee. Original demand draft / deposit slip must be enclosed with the application form.
• In-Service candidates shall apply through proper channel. No advance copy shall be accepted. • All UOG statutes, rules and regulations, policies and decisions of the Selection Board / Syndicate shall be followed by the applicants. • The UOG reserves the rights to finalize the number and discipline for the award of scholarships. • Incomplete applications and those received after due date shall not be entertained. • Date of Written Test / Interview shall be announced on UOG website. SPI -17411
For MS: Applicant must have minimum 16 years of education in the relevant discipline with first division or 3.0/4.0, 3.5/5.0 CGPA in terminal degree.
Following criteria shall be common for both PhD and MS degree programs:
• No 3rd division and less than 50% marks in entire academic career
• Maximum age (on the closing date of the application) shall be 35 years and extendable up to 40 years only for regular employees of the Public Sector University / DAls and R&D Institutions.
• Candidate, already availing HEC, University / DAI / Departmental or any other scholarship(s) is not eligible. • Eligible candidates have to appear in HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) to be conducted by the UOG. The Roll # slips for the said test shall be mailed to the addresses of the eligible candidates. • Short listed candidates shall be invited for Interview.
• No TA/DA shall be granted for test / interview by UOG.
• The University Scholarship Management Committee (USMC) shall define the qualifying score for the award of the scholarship. • Final decision to award the scholarship shall be taken by the UOG Syndicate. • The selected applicant shall have to secure admission to the HEC identified world top ranked universities (available on HEC website) in the relevant degree program (PhD / MS) and discipline within defined stipulated time by the UOG after the award of scholarship, failing which the award of the scholarship shall be cancelled.
• Candidates shall have to produce unconditional admission offer from the respective host university within defined stipulated time.
Prof Dr Muhammad Faheem Malik Member / Secretary, University Scholarship Management Committee and Dean Faculty of Science & Faculty of C&IT
Phone: 053-3643112 (Ext.173, 152)